Saturday, December 11, 2010

"That's a nice car!"

Time: 12:15pm
Location: Pine Farms Orchard, Township of King


"That's a nice car!" he said.  He, was a gentleman, probably early 40's, driving a previous gen Accord.  "Thanks. But it's not mine" I fessed up.  Last time I got a complement about the car I was driving was when I bought my Celica GT-S, back in 2004.
Pine Farms Orchard


You might be wondering what we were doing at an orchard - it is December, after all.  Well, we were Christmas Tree shopping and Pine Farms Orchard also has a bakery & country cafe.  We checked out the trees and had a bit of  snack.  
Nancy tried the hot apple cider, which was fantastic and I stuck with regular coffee.  Between the three of us we shared an apple strudel, croissant and (I must say, an awesome) ginger molasses cookie.  Genava enjoyed a good chunk of the croissant - a nice mid-morning snack for her.
One of these isn't like the others....
Drive to the orchard was pleasant - the roads were dry and clear.  The Scion xB was very quiet and comfortable.  I figured out how to use the heated seats - I'm not use to such luxuries.  Turns out they have 2 temperature settings, as well as an off position.  The only thing is, the switch is located on the lower side of the seat, between the door and seat itself, so you need to check out the switch while standing outside the car with the door open.  Not a problem now, since I know how they work, but it's just one of those things you always have to figure out when driving a new car.

No comments:

Post a Comment