Friday, December 3, 2010

Comparing the xB

OK, so I didn't have to look too hard to find some comparisons of the xB.  In my last post I mentioned wanting to check out the dimensions of the xB.  MotorTrend did a comparison of the 2009 Scion xB, 2010 Kia Soul and 2009 Nissan Cube (see the article here).  Just from my own observations it seems to me the Cube is smaller in every dimension and the Soul seemed shorter and taller.  Well, I wasn't quite right.  Here are the overall dimensions for each of those cars (from the MotorTrend article's stats page):   


(numbers in RED are the highest, numbers in BLUE are the smallest)
  • 2009 Scion xB
    • Length = 167.3"
    • Width = 69.3"
    • Height = 64.7"
  •  2010 Kia Soul
    • Length = 161.6"
    • Width = 70.3"
    • Height = 63.4"
  • 2009 Nissan Cube
    • Length = 156.7"
    • Width = 66.7"
    • Height = 65.0"

2010 Kia Soul
2009 Nissan Cube
So, as it turns out, the Cube is the shortest and narrowest of the bunch, as well as the tallest.  In fact, given the closeness of it's width and height dimensions it is almost an actual square.

The xB is the longest car of the group, by almost 6 inches.  It's probably the main reason why the xB seems larger than the other two.

I think I still need to compare the xB to some other cars on the road, such as its chassis-mates the Corolla and Matrix.  Maybe a couple of other smaller cars, just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment