Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Goin' to the mall with the xD

So it was time for a little daddy-daughter quality time, so we headed off to Upper Canada Mall.  I moved the car seat over to the xD.  Installation went smoothly as the xD has the standard anchor points.  The only issue was attaching the rear strap.  In order to get to the anchor I had to remove the floor of the trunk.  Not a big deal, since it is not something you would do on a regular basis, it's just that I found on other cars it was easier to do.


The car seat fit comfortably.  My daughter had room to kick her legs without hitting the back of the front seat, for the most part.  As she gets bigger, though, she'll definitely be within striking distance.
Loading up the trunk I found that the stroller barely fit across the back of the trunk.  Something to consider when buying a car of this size. I do love the hatchback design, though.  I really wonder why I've never owned a small hatchback myself?










I think the trunk size would be suitable for a family weekend getaway, but for anything longer you might want to look at roof-top storage.  Scion Canada installed a Thule roof-rack system on this car.  Never having used a Thule roof-rack system before I can't comment on how well they work, but hopefully they are easy to put-on and take-off.  I'd hate to have to drive this car all the time with the rack on - it somewhat ruins the lines of the car.











Overall, this car has really exceed all my expectations.  It would make a fine daily driver.  My full review will be posted shortly, so please check back.


No comments:

Post a Comment